The North Central Regional Planning Commission (NCRPC) in Beloit, KS operates a Weatherization Program for lower income residents of Kansas, with special consideration given to the elderly and the handicapped. Residents of Phillips County can apply for this program.
The 2017 income guidelines are as follows:
|Family Size||Income Maximum|
Weatherization of a home consists of the following:
- A pre-inspection to determine the amount of work necessary to weatherize the home, in addition to checking heating appliances for safety and efficiency.
- Furnaces found to be unsafe will be repaired, if possible, or replaced.
- Infiltration work such as patching foundation, caulking and weatherstripping windows and exterior doors; sealing or replacing broken glass.
- Wall and attic insulation will be considered. This is dependent upon the condition of wiring, roof condition, the amount of existing insulation, type of wall construction and siding.
- Gable or roof vents will be installed, as required.
- A final inspection will be conducted to determine if all the work has been completed.
To apply for household weatherization, obtain an application by using the NCRPC link or call the NCRPC at (800) 432-0303 to receive an application by mail. Information provided by the NCRPC website.