Community Development

Services Provided

Community Development includes everything from building a new home or commercial building, changing the land use of a piece of property, annexing property into the city limits, or even constructing a fence.

Construction and improvements to private property, such as adding or expanding driveways and parking areas or placing an advertising sign, must conform with the applicable Zoning Ordinance regulations, regardless of whether or not a permit is required.

Before making changes in land use on a property, or making improvements, please contact the city office at (785) 543-5234 to assist you in determining what regulations, reviews, and/or permits apply to your situation.